View Single Post
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
i shake my head at you guys. Do you actually work in a business where there is a bottom line ? It is clear the line of thought that went into these decisions.

do you really think the ecosystem they build for meego will work for the n900 ?

qt is not the most important support (nobody but a geek gives a toss about qt). Qt compatibility means nothing to a non-power user. It is access to apps in the official ecosystem that matters. Apple taught EVERYONE that. Goog is following them with android.

The most important support is an assurance that the n900 will be able to participate in the official ecosystem that they will build for Meego, PERIOD. Nothing else matters. And only an official release of Meego OR an explicit statement from Nokia (hah if you believe them) is any assurance of this.

What you will get is more unsupported apps through Qt compatibility if the vendors are kind enough. And some more apps from the community who are kind enough to port them, thats it.

But official support from the big vendors ? lolers. That is GONE with no Meego.

No new version of flash (watch as the n900 loses access to websites as they upgrade to v10), no google maps, no official games.

I will eat my words if Qt compatilibty causes the big vendors to release official versions of their apps for the n900.

Trolling ? BS ? Fear mongering ?

I shake my head at some of you. If you are a geek who wants to tinker then the n900 is the uberchoice. But you cross the line to fanboy if you think the n900 at this stage is good for anything else.

But those who believe Qt compatibility will make the n900 even a vague shadow of the other eco
Lol!.. you are still writing even when you already have been proven wrong.

This thread could be useful for you to read: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...362#post675362

Read this too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Apple are for kids.. the only thing might be as good as MeGoo/Maemo is Android.