View Single Post
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
About the confusion, try this: No release from meego.com will give you Ovi Maps for the N900. This project here attempts to make MeeGo-Harmattan Ovi Maps (and the rest of Nokia/Ovi apps) work in the N900.

If after this you still don't get it please be precise saying what you don't understand.

Rants about Maemo 5 updates, Nokia or even myself: please bring them somewhere else. We are trying to work on a specific goal in this thread and the extra noise doesn't really help. Besides, when it comes to business/proprietary stuff I'm just a messenger and I try to be a useful one. Don't kill me.

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Back on topic sort of:

Quim, in your opening post you mentioned "an engineering mindset". Do you believe that the N900's CPU Frequency as shipped will be able to handle some of these components gracefully or will adjustments have to be made?

What other hardware limitations, if any, will have to be overcome with regard to running an N900 with this Hacker/Community edition of Harmattan? and the apps that Nokia will ship in the first device based on MeeGo?
The proper answer could give hints about the next hardware and MeeGo-Harmattan release, which is something I want and must avoid.

Let's say that I see the effort is worth and I'm looking forward to the results just like you. It's a good idea to set the user expectations really low because we have no practical proof to show anything better yet. If the reality is better than these low expectations then it will speak for itself.

Underpromise & (if you can) overdeliver. Always works.

Last edited by qgil; 2010-05-27 at 07:35.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post: