View Single Post
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Yep. QtMobility makes a lot of things a lot easier and ecksun, our GSoC "conscript" is already experimenting with availability plugins (it’s a shame every project could get only one slot, but hey, at least every project HAS GSoC help this way). I’ve moved (well, am still moving) the meat of the project to gitorious (expect stuff to appear here).

As for prolog, I see I forgot to comment on that: it’s a good idea and I very much like how one can define predicates for the logical expressions, but I would, at this point, still like to keep it simple, as in use only Qt components, especially for the core. While not technically cutting edge or radical, we do get JavaScript/JSON (and Python) and a state machine for free with Qt, and also a few parsers to go along with them. Don’t be afraid that most of these are not historically used in functional programming - we are still not doing polling - the plugins send async signals about their state/value changes so the core could reevaluate the trigger expressions. The effect we’re getting is in most cases something very similar to your proposal. My stance is, thus, at least until we do a proper release, to stick with the current components (considering my Pandora-style release schedule that’s the only way for people to actually see Shepherd ), and then we’ll see how much we could gain in perfomance/simplicity with alternative language solutions.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post: