View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by seridyan View Post
I love sparkfun! I actually want to connect my N900 to a CAN network so basically i didnt want to use an expensive bluetooth in the middle. I wanted to take advantage of the USB to power the phone/tablet and to communicate with it at the same time.

I read the post for the n810, but i think there is a hardware limitation on the N900.
That makes sense. I'm not very knowledgeable about USB, but I was under the impression that you couldn't power the "host" while under host/OTG mode; rather, only the other way around. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I have never progammed for a mobile device, neither have used linux. At least i have scratchbox up and running and i am looking forward to learn QT. I will be happy to learn more from your implementation using bluetooth.
If you want to start with Maemo development quickly, you will probably find the new Nokia Qt SDK much less painful than Scratchbox, but it's in Beta right now, so it's not perfect. If you decide to wait until it comes out of Beta, then at least don't be discouraged by Scratchbox. Or rather, feel free to be discouraged by it, but don't let that colour your impression of the platform - the new SDK is really nice.
As for Bluetooth, currently it's a bit painful (for me, at least), but the next drop of the Qt Mobility libraries should include some code to make things easier.
BTW: I worked whit another AHRS from Microstrain, but i must say that the Vectornav's looks pretty amaizing! what are you planning to do with it?
I haven't heard of that one. The VN-100 is quite nice, although aside from testing with the N900, that part of the work has been done by another part of the team. The company is pretty new, and their service is great. (Among other things, they sent us an internal beta of some software at some point, when the release version didn't like our setup. They're cool.) As to what we're doing with it, I shouldn't go into detail right now. It's part of some university research I'm working on.