View Single Post
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Dear Community,

I'm since Feburary a owner of the N900 and really did a lot of things with it already. After 2 weeks of using I had to flash it the first time because I wasn't able to start it anymore without any reason. It worked just fine the day before. Well I flashed it and everything was working again (More or less on 1.1).

Then I installed for example this "Joiku" hotspot application, it killed the WLAN drivers so I wasn't able anymore to connect to any encrypted network *g*. The support of Joiku didn't helped me so I was standing alone there with my problems. Right I used for a while the 3G mode and made again a full flash and it worked "Ok". Then I decided to get the fresh released 1.2 version. It took two days to get it on 1.2, in the end I had to use a Linux live CD because it didn't worked even on totally different Windows machines -> 3rd Flashing.

So far everything was working impressive good now on the 1.2 firmware, just the battery life was a bit short but still acceptable. In the last days I noticed that MSN made several issues (You may saw my post's in the related threads). In the end it always crashed my contact list once I started it and the same issue happened sooner or later also with other MSN plugins. I deleted all contacts, all related cache files (Like avatars, logs...) and so on... without any success. Today also Skype started crashing the contact list so I used the first time the "cleanup" function in the settings menu. That worked actually quite fine and even all applications are still working, but now the contact list doesn't works at all anymore. When I scroll down and up again it crashes now even without any started IM function.

So the question is, what would you do now? Give it the 4th try? Get a different phone (Android / iPhone)? Drive with the car over it and dance afterwards?

Last edited by Crogge; 2010-06-06 at 06:49.