View Single Post
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
How to shrink your application shortcuts

1. First you need to download the customized hildon-home by Matan.
http://my.arava.co.il/~matan/770/n90...+0m5_armel.deb

(Note: Sometimes the Application manager wants to upgrade hildon-home. Don't. That will just install the stock hildon-home)

2.1 Then in terminal to install: sudo dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/Download/hildon-home_0.3.66-2+0m5_armel.deb
2.2 Set it to the size you want: sudo gconftool -s /apps/osso/hildon-home/task-shortcuts-size -t int 62 (Where "62" will need to be the size you choose of the AppletShortcut images.)

3. Then install ImageMagick: sudo apt-get install imagemagick

(The complete step 4 can be done diffrently. Chose your preferred way. This is how i did it.)
4.1 Install Openssh-client to download the complete icon and theme folders to your desktop computer:
4.2 sudo apt-get install openssh-client
4.3 scp -r /usr/share/icons user@ip-number:/home/n900
4.4 scp -r /usr/share/themes/<your theme> user@ip-number:/home/n900

Look in the different folders on your desktop computer on what to change. Then go back to the n900 and use:

(4.5 To send the files back to the n900 from the n900: scp -r user@ip-number:/home/n900/theme/file.png /usr/share/icons/where the original file where/)

(If you want to find a single png file on the n900: find /usr/share/icons/ |grep <file>)

(examples)
5.1 cd /usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/hildon/
5.2 sudo mogrify -resize 48x48! *.png (this will change all the png in the /hildon folder)

(i have the humanity theme so i will edit the shortcut background in the humanity folder)
5.3 cd /usr/share/themes/humanity/images/ApplicationShortcutApplet.png And sudo mogrify -resize 62x62! ApplicationShortcutApplet.png

5.4 cd /usr/share/themes/humanity/images/ApplicationShortcutAppletPressed.png And sudo mogrify -resize 62x62! ApplicationShortcutAppletPressed.png

(change the location and file that complies to you in #5)

6. Restart Hildon-home to see the change: sudo pkill hildon-home

If something got wrong and you don't know how to get it back. First change to another theme. Then reinstall your theme: apt-get remove --purge humanity-theme and apt-get install humanity-theme

When it is done:
Attached Images

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-07-25 at 17:02.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post: