View Single Post
Originally Posted by skccs32 View Post
After Palm-OS and Windows-Mobile (trying several extension for full flash support) the N900 satisfied my web-browsing demands most of all devices I ever had. A really genious device. That was before the latest os-update so far. Since then it got completely unusable. Locking itself, slowing down, nearly not bootable and eating a full loaded battery within 1 - 2 hours.

I had installed facebook-widget, newsreader-widget, sms/mail-widget, foreca-weather-widghet, last-fm app, calendar widget, wify-switcher, 3g-switcher.

After the latest os update (about one week or so ago) the device gets unstable on every day. no chance to get calls from anyone in that state.

sometimes wifi-switcher does not show switching messages when i use ist. once i got for a second a message like messaging applikation hat to close (sms?).

I cant figure out how to debug that device and when i read throug other discussions i get shocked by a huge amount of similar, but not really the same problems - to be honest, if i had read throug these discussion before i bought the device, i would not have bought it.

hey, i need something for using, not for developing and debugging.

yours, really frustrated, christian from switzerland.
This has been addressed in several other threads, but lets go over it again.

If your device is unstable the first course of action is always to remove all extras-devel apps and slowly add them back in one by one until you find the one causing the issue.

Yes it's a pain, Yes it takes time, but thats the price you pay for using devel level software.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post: