View Single Post
Posts: 128 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
The cropping of vertically shot images ("portrait") is broken. You see on the screen the image in its right orientation, but the cropping happens as if the image was rotated in "landscape" view.
This is unfortunately a known bug, Haven't quite figured out the math transposition between the thumbnail and the rotated portrait (90CW 90CCW) images. Thanks for spotting it. ( I was hopping it would slip by for at least the weekend.

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Also, when you undo the cropping and revert to the original image, and you try to crop again, you find that the cropping window remembers the previous cropping attempt, and can't be reset to the full image.
Undo has some strange issues with crop/rotate where the thumbnail isn't correctly updated before or afterwards. It'll also cause a miscount in your undo steps so that instead of going back to the selected undo point it ends up at your current point with the intermediary steps deleted. The thumbnail seems to be able to directly access the current image and not the thumbnail copy. (which it shouldn't be able to do, nor is that the intent). I'll have to look deeper into python.Imaging/CImg to see it during Crop or Rotate the actual image is manipulated and not a copy/deepcopy of the image.

When my head programmer gets in tomorrow I'll ask him, err... that's me, I'm looking into it.

The Following User Says Thank You to lostinmirkwood For This Useful Post: