View Single Post
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Hello. My name is Benny1967 and I have a problem: I feed trolls. I cannot go to sleep when I see somebody's wrong on the internet.

I know I shouldn't do it and I just make them stronger this way, but I can't help it.

Now I found that putting trolls on my ignore list helped me with my disorder. I usually don't get to read their rants, therfore I don't answer... and don't keep these threads alive.

Now I wonder why other people don't make this forum a better place for themselves by doing the same. Wouldn't it be great if some well known troll could open thread after thread here and they would all remain empty because nobody can read their posts?

Until today, I thought it was everybody's free decision whom to put on ignore.... but then I read a post that made it clear this one user had no idea the ignore list even existed (because he wished for that feature here).

So I'm wondering:

Is my reasoning right that if people would make better use of ignore, this place wouldn't be so attractive for trolls? Or am I too naïve?

And if I'm right - what could be done to make the ignore list more visible as a feature here? Put a link that says "I think this user is an idiot" under each avatar? No. But something that's at least a little bit more obvious than the current implementation...? What do you think?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post: