View Single Post
Hi

I had similar sounding problem once, alarm didn't sound. I had set multiple alarms previous evening, 15 minutes apart.

When I woke up, it was past second alarm and on screen was two alarm notifications, after stopping the topmost one, first one was under it. Note that alarm did not sound. The system was overall sluggish too and behaved abnormally (can't remember details sorry).

I think this was caused by a network problem, as the N900 was connected to a wlan network, and on the network, default gateway had dropped off during some time in the night after I had gone to sleep. Wlan base station was still online and dhcp lease had not expired yet.

After I had stopped the (silent) alarms and turned off rest of them (I had 5 or 6 alarms set), I disconnected the wlan network from menu and as soon as I had pressed the disconnect button, alarm started playing, *and I did not have any means to stop it*, as I had already closed the alarm notification windows by pressing stop buttons. I think I had to turn off power to stop the alarm sound.

Fortunately I woke in time anyway as I had a plane to catch that morning.. Oh well, it would have been a good excuse to extend my vacation for week or two anyway

On programs running, only active program that I can think of was Maegios widget on desktop polling every 5 minutes.

Other installed programs are openssh client+server (not running), openvpn (not running), mail for exchange (on manual sync during night) and quite a load of all kinds of games, from angry birds to ..wok. Oh, and Live Wallpaper too, but that was not active too. I had used eCoach during the previous day.

I can try to replicate the situation if need be..

Oh and I have used the alarm from day one almost every day and this was the first time it failed.

-
Harri.