View Single Post
Anyways, sorry for hijacking the thread. I just wanted to share my excellent experiences with the iPhone and it turned into a feature comparision.

The 770 and N800 are fairly sweet. Its unfortunate that after 2 years the ease of use on the IT's hasn't improved. On something portable, install packages should be available instead of links to repositories. Its confusing for a lot of people, sure there is .install files but they are fairly rare.

I think what I'm getting at is, "sweet we got a gecko browser now, modest email is coming, and ohh there is a wimax version coming", but after 2 years we're still getting "technology upgrades / demos". Not too much has been done to sweeten the experience, or make it feel refined. Thats why I keep blabbing my mouth about "the phone that shall not be named". It feels refined, as if it was built for me to enjoy, instead of spending hours tweaking and adjusting.

Remember all those SDHC kernels? The hell took so long for an official one (thats slow btw)? Why did serge and co have to spend so much time trying to resolve tearing and weak video performance? These are things that Nokia should have brought to the table, giving us a nice baseline to work with. I don't see this ever evolving until some drastic changes are made.