View Single Post
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
They even set minimum specs including no external storage and you aren't allowed to load software from anywhere but their store. So awesome, I love it when they insist on claiming ownership over devices I buy.
Honestly, I really don't think that storage will be a problem. There is a min of 8GB of storage, but I think that will be for the lower end devices. The flagship phones will have 16 Gigs or more for sure. And that's good enough for most.

But it's really not the hardware that I care about. I learned that after owning the N900. The hardware could be great (which it is with the N900), but if I get frustrated every time I pick up the device to do simple things, or if I HAVE to hack the phone just to get it to work properly, then it's not a good product. As for not allowing other software. Big whoop. I'm sure someone will hack WP7. And make everyone happy.

I know what you're gonna say. "You can do so many more things with the N900. You can remotely control the Space Shuttle Atlantis." Well that would be a great BONUS if I could just get it to do the simple stuff I need it to do on a daily basis.

So I learned my lesson. From here on out, the first thing i'm gonna look at is the OS, and then comes the hardware considerations.

I'm growing wiser with each passing day...