View Single Post
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by mtjioe View Post
adding contacts to a group. It happens most of the time, but not always.

You can but right now you first need to assign one of the "standard" thumbnails to the contact using the "official" contacts application. As now the application will not save anything to your contacts database - only read.

isn't it possibgle to just show a standard icon, just like the official contacts application does, so without assigning a thumbnail to 500+ contacts?
Not sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish. Are you concerned about using the applet to call contacts quickly or set ring tones by group. If the latter I see the issue. I plan to allow in the future to create groups that are not connected to the applet and then it will make sense to allow adding contacts w/o thumbnail.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases