View Single Post
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi all

Thank you for your interest.

When you start the application you will see some more informations.
I suggest to put it beside your pillow. As I usually charge my phone over night (so it is ready in the morning), I plug it into the charger. Make sure it is not covered with your pillow. I did it once and the phone got really hot

Also I suggest to change to offline mode. This will prevent you getting woken up by a drunken friend calling you
Also it is healthier. Scientist are not sure themselves how unhealthy phones beside your heads are, but they also figured you that it can be good aganst brain tumor in some cases...

All the application does is measuring the acceleration and some math with it.
If you had a look on the iPhone SleepCycle app, they do exactly the same.
So theoretically we should be able to do the same or even better as we have less HW and OS restrictions.
The difficulty is how to interprete the data.
I did some research and figured out that it is almost impossible to correctly figure out in which sleep pattern you are.
Just search for some scientific tests with the iPhone and you will see that it can be very off track.
So please do not except too much! I wrote this app just for fun and because it shows me more or less how long I sleep.
If we can get it to make a similair graph like the iPhone, I will be very happy.

Version 1.0.12 should work with the icons, if not, please let me know. As I am debugging directly on the phone, it is very hard for me to test.
Sometimes (like now) the icon does not work even everything seems to be in the right folder. I am wondering if the cache is not always refreshed.