View Single Post
Originally Posted by autonomy View Post
I'm in Vancouver, just bought an N900 about a week ago. Tried to hook up the phone to Telus' Band II and Band V (see this), but it wouldn't connect. I called them up and talked about their network, and apparently only (unlocked, SIM) HSPA devices with their 3G bandwidths will work on their new network, at all. N900 uses Band IV, which means Telus won't even support fallback compatibility with slower technologies like EDGE. Only CDMA phones can fall back onto those. So, for the N900, that means it's not compatible at all, in any form, with Telus. It's kind of a joke, really. On paper, the phone and network looks compatible, but Telus just doesn't support it.

I was planning on switching to WIND (read: Band IV) anyway when it launches in Vancouver (still waiting...), but this means I can't use my N900 on a cell network for a few months, which really blows.

Anyway, so if you were still thinking about it, forget about Telus/Bell and hop on WIND's new network.
hi, i was planning on purchasing the N900 phone and also live in Vancouver...wondering if you were able to find another cell phone network that can support the phone yet? other than waiting for Wind. Thanks.