View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Personally, I rather like Android. I don't have as many qualms about it as most of you seem to have--especially since I eventually realized how similarly Maemo and Android were in terms of the same closed drivers/software built AROUND all the open source that prevented the community from bugfixing and customization.

BUT--that said, I would rather see MORE competition than less. Just as a diversity of Linux based distributions eventually led to better and better Linux operating systems and GNU tools, just as Linux operating systems competed with other open-source operating systems, just as operating systems in general had to compete to produce better and better operating systems than in the past, we now need something like a diversity in the embedded operating system market for things like handset phones, tablets and other mobile and appliance devices to promote the evolution of these devices to fit our needs best.

I just hope Nokia's hardware division wakes up and competes. Also, their customer service and support divisions as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post: