View Single Post
thats a valid arguement and i think that Nokia *should* have used android!

You all know maemo is not the most end-user-friendly OS out there and also, Symbian has become a reason for mockery.
So if i was in Nokia's shoes i would release a few android phones to fill the void between the failed N97(that pratically proved symbian concept as a failure) and the first MeeGo phone, whenever it may be(possibly oct-nov).
Thats a LONG time in terms of technology, a full year? between mass market flagship products? even if you take the N8 thats too long!

With that in mind, nokia keep releasing low-end product for the less-advanced communities around the globe thats what possibly keeping their income at the moment but they should have taken a look at HTC strategy of never being behind. new GPU? lets make another phone, faster CPU? lets make another! HTC has practically a phone for everyone, nokia doesnt!

As a company with great assets they should have taken advantage of Android in that way of NOT being left behind.they could, with little effort, release an android phone with custom UI by using the many available hardware configuration around or their own, trust me they have plenty.

Most people dont have the same awareness and concept about nokia anymore, they dont think about it as a high-end company.
Android could have been a tool in achiving just that. Now they have all their eggs on MeeGo basket and we just will have to wait and see

Last edited by ironm8; 2010-07-08 at 22:03. Reason: got meggo?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ironm8 For This Useful Post: