View Single Post
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I rather use the build in app man.
That itself is becoming less usable by the day for me - add a few repositories, in particular one of the development repositories and it takes several minutes to update with the CPU under maximum load. It's an excruciating experience and the built-in Application Manager clearly does not scale. I know there's a faster version of App Manager available, which just goes to show that Nokia did a bad job on the built-in version.

However this poll is about the Ovi Store - the current browser based solution is not pleasant to use, applications don't always appear for every user, the filtering doesn't make sense ("New apps" shows old apps etc.) and it's slow (even over WiFi).

It's such an unpleasant experience I just don't want to use it any more, which is a great shame for the developers that are trying to make some coin out of Ovi Store.

I even twittered Peter the Marketing guy and the Ovi Store people about the applications that are not appearing for everyone, needless to say there was no response from either, and Nokia wonder why they're rapidly becoming the next Palm Inc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post: