View Single Post
Hey Gents -

Looks like I am in the same boat as Alex - purchased last night, chose N900 and setup mobile maps dot deb is nowhere to be found in the download - the installers for other platforms are there. I did the 1.2 update OTA the day I got the phone.

After some digging around I got Mobile Maps 9 from the repository and installed it, and it crashes upon launch.

I really don't want to re-flash (new enough to think that would kill a day) if I can avoid it.

I did move Res, Drive and Maps into the documents folder and I am turning the phone off and then back on now to see if that move along with the repository install of 9 will work. Nope still crashes on launch (Net Loc on and off)

I don't have a Maemo folder anywhere in my N900 that I can see, so I am left with the suspicion that the purchase I made last night was for all the OS option EXCEPT Maemo.

I suppose I could just make one Maemo folder to put stuff in, but I don't know what would go in it or where it would go.

Looking at the various comments it sounds like I won't be hearing from Sygic anytime soon.

Does anyone know if there is a Maemo specific version of the installer?

If there is would anyone know how I could get my hands on it? I have my activation number in the email they sent (which has the .zip file back up if I am having trouble (that also has no reference to Maemo in it). Maybe just a US setup.ini file I could put somewhere (I can't find one on my N900 with the file browser, but will keep looking).

I suppose there may not be a Maemo specific version as it is a full Linux OS...

This is frustrating - Sygic advertises that they are Maemo savvy and they seem to be anything but. I can dig that I am not Maemo savvy, I just don't bill 49 euros or what ever the heck it is I paid.

Anyway - can any one help me figure out what to do to get this running.

Sorry to vent, very nice to meet you all.

Standing by here,

Christian