View Single Post
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Hello,

At the moment I can't write all the code for you, but I can give you some pointers about how to do it.
  • Install Nokia Qt SDK (1.0 final is the latest)
  • Install the newest Qt Creator snapshot from here:
    ftp://ftp.qt.nokia.com/qtcreator/snapshots/
    (The version in the SDK is quite crappy)
  • Launch the newly installed Qt Creator
  • Create a new Gui Application project
  • Set the Maemo 5 Qt 4.6 as build target
  • Add to it a class (or use the generated one) and copy-paste to its .ui file yours from the designer
  • If you wanna run your app on your device, install the "Mad Developer" package on it, set the USB driver to "usb_ether" (Etheret - USB networking), then plug it in your PC, select "PC Suite mode" (if usb_ether is selected, that will be used), and set up USB networking on your PC.
  • In Qt Creator, Tools/Options/Projects/Maemo device configurations -> set up a connection to your device.
    Type in its IP address, then the "developer" account, and type the password from the Mad Developer app's "developer password" button. Note that the password there is only valid until it is shown on the screen. If you connected with the password, you can generate and deploy an SSH key, and use that instead of the password.
  • Close the options dialog
  • Then, go to the "Projects" tab in the editor, and below the "Build steps", click on the arrow next to "Create Package", and check the "Skip packaging step" option
    - This will make it WAY faster to run your app.
  • Here is a tutorial about how to launch a process from a Qt app:
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...Qt_for_Symbian
    (The tutorial has Symbian in its title, but it contains non-Symbian-specific code.)
  • For the shell scrips, you'll have to run "sh yourscript.sh" with QProcess
  • For generic C++ questions, you can search Google or ask on StackOverflow
  • If you want to make a .deb package, you can use Qt Creator's option to do so (but it is quite limited at the moment), or use MADDE and type "mad dpkg-buildpackage" into the command line (in your app's root folder)
  • There is a description somewhere in the Maemo Wiki about how to make it a Settings applet, but I couldn't find it now.

I know this was a very dense description, but I hope it will help!

Last edited by Venemo; 2010-07-16 at 08:39.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post: