View Single Post
Originally Posted by AndiThebest View Post
nice, thats exactly that what i have planned to program when i would have free time for it
Do you have plans to add ssh/sftp or smb support?
I certainly do, though I was thinking mostly about mounting these as volumes on the FS. I don't have much experience using them though and don't know what's possible. Accessing something like this directly would be way far off though, I'm afraid, case has nothing close to a virtual FS..

I was looking into possibilities of using a virtual FS from another project, but apart from Gnome-dependant and KDE-dependant FMs there is basically only libferris, a (most probably) pretty awesome virtual FS implementation, amongst many other things, but it has next to no documentation and the whole set of interconnected components has a common and pretty complex build system. It would most probably handle all these natively (I really don't know ATM, feel free to investigate)

In the end, I decided the time I'd need to figure it out and integrate libferris into case would be too long and wrote the functions to manipulate the files myself.