View Single Post
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Here's the attachment, from two consecutive screenshots.

Numbering 1-8 left to right and 1-8 top to bottom, I play:

24 > taking over 25, 26 (vertical) and 35 (diagonal)

The CPU must have played 84, an illegal play, because it's the only added peg. In doing so, it takes 41, 42, 51 and 53.

Might be a coincidence, but I think it played the 84 peg, then turned the other colors as if the CPU played my peg as well as his. It might be a coincidence, but if you take my before-play situation and add a white peg instead of a black, it gets you just about this situation.

Generally, it tends to take over pins way above its length, but in accordance with the set line or diagonal. For example, assume an all-black table. Also assume that 22 is white and 44 is empty.

Playin 44 will get you 22, 33 and 44 white, the rest black. When CPU plays this, it also takes over 11. I'll keep trying to figure it, but I'm a Othello heavyweight and I can tell it cheats me heavily.

What algorithm do you use, standard weighted table? If so, several levels of difficulty should be available easily.

Oh, one more. After finishing a game the game randomly refuses to play again, even if I choose "new game". It initializes board, but doesn't allow me to place any pegs.

I don't write for Maemo, but I have written an Othello game before, if I can help with algorithm, I'd be happy to discuss it.

ETA: Sorry, I missed that part where you said you knew about the grabbing of pegs. I decided to leave the post for reference instead of deleting it.
Attached Images

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post: