View Single Post
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Here's the attachment, from two consecutive screenshots.
Thank you for the screenshots and the explanation of the problem. It helped me a lot. I made a n00b mistake. Forgot that lists work with negative indexing too, so this way the board was basically a sphere. Once it stopped checking if the field "exists" and concentrate on the range of possible fields it works... i hope.

What algorithm do you use, standard weighted table? If so, several levels of difficulty should be available easily.
Sorry. I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't play Reversi that much, I like the programing challenge it gives me.
For now it only finds current players disks and from them sees in which are possible moves and which disks will be taken over in the process. I would be grateful if you could show me in the direction where these algorithms can be found, or if you would be kind to explain it here on tmo, so others can learn too.

Oh, one more. After finishing a game the game randomly refuses to play again, even if I choose "new game". It initializes board, but doesn't allow me to place any pegs.
Fixed it. Forgot to reinitialize the players too.

I don't write for Maemo, but I have written an Othello game before, if I can help with algorithm, I'd be happy to discuss it.
Sure, I would like that. I like to learn about new things. If you would like and know python you can create the AI script. You can see the random_computer class in the source code or send me a pseudo code and I'll implement it. Also for the help if you would like I would add you to the developers list.