View Single Post
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by Graham Cobb View Post
Studies have shown that most people do not know most of the features on their phones (let alone how to use them). And if they don't know the features exist they can't be differentiators can they?
This could have been solved a million times more elegantly if they just got a tracker package in that includes a checklist of features you use and not use. If it gets the idea after a month or so that you don't use <insert feature here>, then it might get you a tip of the day the first time you unlock the phone after 6 AM.

Message would be email-like, with sender being "your phone" or somesuch invalid initiator, where it gives you a hint that -say- POP mailing isn't used, but available, and they support this and that and it's cool and they have a free POP service and would you like to know more?

Knowing more would open a page with a tutorial, links to OVI messaging etc etc.

Every added feature with new PRs have their tracker event. E.g., newly added feature of searching for an address from contacts. If after <insert days here> you still don't have addresses in your contacts, a message pops up. Did you know that if you store addresses, clicking on them opens up Maps and automatically search?

Once issued, the message should have an "Keep reminding me" button and an "shut up, I don't wanna" button. Dismissing the message disables further hinting of that feature.

Whole shebang can be nixed in options.

Could be a useful part of that N900 guide thing they install and I remove immediately because it does nothing.

Originally Posted by Graham Cobb View Post
Good news, although still no guarantee they will get the right decision.
At least we were heard. Hm, they have ears.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.