View Single Post
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by markds50 View Post
I'm fine with all of that i think, but i cannot find the .deb file I need to save to the root to install. Sorry to be a pain.
You won't need any .deb files.

Are you trying to install MyContacts using the application manager or did you download the .deb file for it? The application manager is the recommended way because it will handle the dependencies automatically (including libqtm-contacts).

If you decide to install using apt-get, you will need to start the x-terminal and to become root type:

Code:
root
Note: before you can do that you need to make sure that you have installed the "rootsh" package using the application manager.

Then you should be ready to continue (from the x-terminal still as root):

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install libqtm-contacts
apt-get install mycontacts
EDIT: If you don't mind please post any other questions to the MyContacts thread directly so we don't add noise to this thread.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-07-28 at 18:40.