View Single Post
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
I just downloaded a 46MB file and the progress spinner started but then stopped. All input to DropN900 was ignored. It appeared the program had hung. Eventually the download completed but I think it will be important to let the user know that the program is still working during larger/longer downloads.
Frank
Frank happy to tell you that this issue is now resolved. I can promise that big file DL/UL will be 100% but the UI issue is fixed. This was obvious once I started to look at it. The downloading of the file was threaded, the networking thread was completed when the spinner/app freezed. After this comes the f = open(store_path, "wb"); f = f.write(resp.read()); f.close(). This file I/O was the reason for the freeze. I just made file writing when DL is completed happen in threads also and now the app wont freeze on DLs. The bigger the file downloaded the longer the app freeze time was.

Good stuff, this was bugging the hell out of me why it was happening. Well figured it out quickly once started looking at it.

Originally Posted by poka64 View Post
Public links is the only major thing that I miss right now. Thank you for this client and keep up the good work!
Yup it's already in and working nicely. Just have to wait for the next release on Friday

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jonnenau For This Useful Post: