View Single Post
Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Hi jonnenau,

1 - I would say include sub folders as my own personal preference.

2 - I would say yes to upload sync, I don't plan on using the default folder download so no conflict there. Once sync is in place, not much of a reason to initiate as many downloads from the tablet, I would be more inclined to do so from the desktop. Unless I'm looking for something specific which means I'm less likely to want it in the default download location.

3 - I myself don't plan on using timed sync. My dropbox files change infrequently, it's not worth it on the tablet's battery unless maybe you could do a neat only sync when charging and wifi is present, now that would be ideal.

Hope this helps,
Frank

Originally Posted by jonnenau View Post
1. When you select a path /MyFolder/Photos to be synced. Should I only sync files in that folder only or recursively search all sub folders also for files. I understand that most would like the sub folders also. I think keeping it to that paths files only would make sense, and not roam deeper.

2. Do you want upload sync? How many of you think this would be necessary? There are few problems with upload sync.
The download folder where sync is done is the apps default data folder. This means when you manually download items from other places in dropbox to your default location, those files would now be pushed in the next sync as duplicates to your sync path to dropbox. The cleanest way would be to make a new non configurable sync folder to your device. You could not put manual downloads here to mix things up, I would suggest /home/user/MyDocs/DropN900-Sync or something similar. I can start making the upload sync once I have tought of it more, currently its only download sync and works beautifully.

3. Do we really need timer based sync? I already have this in the UI and config, but now that I think about it more. If you can just pop the menu down and hit "Sync" in 1 seconds do you really need automated sync with some time interval. You know best when you have changes in your sync location and can sync manually then.