View Single Post
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Can you explain in detail how these blobs are going to be maintained for the n900? For instance, many think the tearing problem (vsync ?) is caused by some graphics drivers that n900 owners don't have the source to. Is there a policy or procedure in place to address issues for these binary blobs? If not, and no one paid by Nokia is going to fix this code, I bet some of us would have no problem signing an NDA to help fix hacker versions of these things if need be.
If you're wondering about technicalities, we have a build target following the daily and weekly releases/major of MeeGo with the sources of the blobs. We're currently building so we get notified if the builds break as well as automatic publishing of the built blobs (coming this week, automatic images hopefully soon afterwards).

I'm personally these days testing the SGX drivers for inclusion, let's see if they work properly first.

In case of staffing, see my earlier reply.

We have the N900 as a reference device for MeeGo, hence images has to work and pass QA. That implies a high standard and a commitment to keep things working.

We have a very minimal set of binaries so it should be possible to maintain them.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: