View Single Post
Originally Posted by titan View Post
@ndi: v39 is only in extras-devel (unstable software). just disable the catalouge and you'll only see v37 from extras (stable).
@gabby131: yes

@maartenmk: now it's the fcam developers' job to build updated modules for the kernel.
Their drivers are independent and everything for building them is now provided by the repository.
I don't want to release a new kernel everytime they update their code.
We're having a little trouble doing this. It seems like built versions of the kernel scripts that are present in kernel-headers (genksyms, modpost, etc) aren't present in kernel-power-headers. Am I missing something? I added a bug to the kernel-power-headers bug tracker in case this was just an oversight.

This is what I do in scratchbox to compile fcam-drivers against the stock kernel:

Code:
apt-get source fcam-drivers
apt-get install kernel-headers
cd fcam-drivers_1.0.5-2
make KERNELDIR=/usr/src/kernel-headers
a bunch of .ko files are produced.

This is what I did in scratchbox to try and compile our fcam-drivers against the enhanced kernel headers

Code:
apt-get source fcam-drivers
apt-get install kernel-power-headers
cd fcam-drivers_1.0.5-2
make KERNELDIR=/usr/src/kernel-power-headers
.. I get an error message about scripts/genksyms/genksyms being absent.

If I try to build the scripts like so:

Code:
make -C /usr/src/kernel-power-headers scripts
I get errors about missing include files. Looks like path issues trying to build the scripts from the headers package. Let me know if I'm doing something silly.

Edit: This is with v39. I have extras-devel and extras-testing enabled in scratchbox.

- Andrew (one of the fcam devs)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abadams For This Useful Post: