View Single Post
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
glad to share my thoughts

I guess our posts crossed, all the browser starting stuff should be in post #9.

UI design is a black art by itself, I guess for true usability scrutiny we should run every program against Steve Jobs and let him approve/tear it apart. For mere humans like me, as long as it's usable, it's good enough for me as a start.

On the 'settings per MAC' option, allow then to copy settings from an already existing entry, so it minimizes the extra work. That would be the poor man's solution.
Design wise of course it's worse than the true grouping oriented approach. But the standard (SSID only) way of working is at least 'easy' for normal users. For this, allow a descriptive name to be given to each 'advanced, MAC linked'
definition as the SSID is not sufficiently unique anymore. See the grouping approach creeping in ... ???

Full solution, maybe the switch to an advanced grouping based approach could be hidden in the global settings menu entry ? With a bit of a warning so people know to stay out or continue if they really want it (like me) ?

That would prevent advanced exposure and allow flexibility as well.

Again just some thoughts of mine ... Dangerous, all this thinking in one day

Happy to play tester for this, if you decide to give the solution a try ! I have plenty of strange wifi situations around (hence the request) and currently 4 browsers to start on my N900.
Opera, Chromium, Fennec and MicroB.

ps. For one of my projects I worked (weekdays only) in Orebro for a year ... My only exposure to Sweden (together with the obligatory visits to Stockholm) but I liked it a lot. Only winters were soo dark ...