View Single Post
As some of you may know, I am developing BackupMenu, which allows the user to backup and restore system images.
My tool works at a fairly low level, running before the DE has started - thus there is nothing in the OptFS that is being used and it can be safely mounted/unmounted/messed with.
The RootFS on the other hand, not so much(obviously). Now, I've tried unmounting it, and it seemed to unmount(a test file put in the root directory didn't show up after a reboot) - so I may already be in a chroot ramdisk, though I'm not entirely sure.

What I'd like to do is mount my own ramdisk, copy over the needed files from the RootFS, then chroot into that environment, and mount the /dev and /proc filesystems. I'd then be able to mess with the RootFS and OptFS to my heart's content, including possibly exposing the unmounted RootFS to USB mass storage access!

The only step of this I'm not clear on is what files I will need to copy to make a good chroot environment - all I'll really need in that environment is BusyBox and its included toolset.
Do any of you guys know what I'd need to do that?

Thanks,

-Rob

Last edited by RobbieThe1st; 2010-08-11 at 07:50.