View Single Post
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
I can shoot nicely, even in night mode, when disabling ALL indexing/tumbnailing/every other action in Tracker-config. And restart the tracker deamon. It seems tracker is the culprit for stuttering video recording. Also closing down the network connections helps.

I really wonder if nobody can make a plugin/dbus listener whenever the camera app (or fcam or blessn900) starts, that all tracker activity gets frozen and restored (as per settings before starting the camera app(s) + going into off-line mode. Make an exception for qik please ...
It's an oversight of Nokia NOT to freeze as much as possible before ding these highly cpu intensive things like shooting video.

I agree we have a nice multi tasking device but I really don't want to read my emails or listen to music when recording a video ... So why not freeze all non-essential activity, only in this very high CPU demand case of course. Otherwise we end up with an iPhone ...
A bit of pragmatism/realism on a restricted resources device as the N900 is needed sometimes....