View Single Post
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Guildford, UK
I too agree with qwerty12's message, for the most part, not the personal attacks on people. But I do feel that Nokia have left the N900 for dead with no hope for redemption. I have severely been put off from buying another Nokia device after this one, with the lack of support that the N900 is getting (or not). I look on with envy towards Android with its wealth of apps and updates to new standards (such as Flash 10.1).

I really hope Nitdroid will become mostly/fully compatible with the N900's hardware so that I too can have a slice of the Android pie without laying down any more money.

But it will take one hell of a convincing to get me to get another Nokia device after this one.

At the very least, if Maemo is now a dead end and Nokia are moving onto Meego and other things that Nokia could open all currently closed pieces in Maemo/N900 that way at least we could have a go at fixing the **** that Nokia can't be arsed themselves.

It's a shame to see qwerty12 go as he's done a decent amount for the community, and I would leave too if I had ~£400 to buy myself either a Nexus One or a Desire (or similar). But at the moment, I'm stuck with this decaying piece for the best part of 2 years.

I don't mind the device overall, it works well enough and I have no real complaints with it other than niggling issues of badly written Nokia code, if there wasn't the community that's here today, I'd probably have sent the device back to Vodafone within 2 weeks of receiving it, but the grass looks so much greener on the other side, where the 'droids roam wild and free.

Still, better than the iPhone, amirite? :P