View Single Post
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
...you look at the pure fact this community is now falling apart as said by many of its members (not me) then what has the Council achived here?
Judging by the reaction to your comments I think the community is doing just fine.
Just because people do not agree with your comments does not mean the community is falling apart.
Only from your point of view things seem different - borderline delusional.

In fact the only positive thing out of this debacle is that the community has pulled together against you.

You should be proud of that yourself!

..run and controlled by idiots that want to rule every member then so be it... the very reason people and most importantly PROGRAMMERS are leaving so learn community ... learn.
Unlike yourself - intent on forcing your opinions on other members and appearing to attempt to rule many threads in this forum.

PROGRAMMERS are joining....learn.

For the record I like my n900, it's not perfect - no USB host or easy bluetooth connections with keyboards & mice, Flash 10.1 - I'm indifferent about it but understand many people want it and Nokia should provide it.
Very little communication from Nokia and the closed-source drivers in maemo really annoys me.

Just because people like their n900 does not mean they are fanbois.

Edit (should make this on-topic):
Remember that the council are run by vounteers and donate their free time (a precious commodity).
But unfortunately are "the piggy in the middle" between a very mute company and members who are often kept in the dark about maemo developments - until members (with credibility) give us the information that Nokia should be formally announcing (but don't).

Last edited by johnel; 2010-08-12 at 18:52.