View Single Post
I just downloaded and installed Kagu 1.0.8 yesterday and found it to be my favorite music player for the n800.

Here's my questions and comments.

Is there a way to select a song and have it play immediately instead of adding it to the playlist? I don't use or maintain playlists.

Sometimes I'll be listening to a song and want to switch to another song in the middle, but selecting the song just adds it to the playlist. Then I have to go to the now playing and scroll to the bottom...

OK, now the comments...

All transport and buttons should be larger so they are easier to touch. Especially because there appears to be room for larger icons.

I love the artist pictures. I've never seen that in any media player before.

I hate iTunes. (had to throw that in)

A configuration/customization UI page would be nice and it could have the option for add to playlist or start playing immediately.

The jump-to song position feature is nice, but a progress bar at the bottom would be nicer, instead of off to the right corner above the album art. Also, being able to scrub through the track by touching the progress bar would be nice.

The kinetic scrolling is way to fast for me (maybe a preference in a config section), and having to click twice on something for the interface to accept what I want is kinda of annoying, but I sort of understand why.

options for album and artist views would be cool, too. like a 3x3 table instead of only being able to see 3-4 albums at a time.

Sleep timer is awesome...Wish I could set it to other values besides 1 hour.

Will there ever be support for video files? Even if it's just browsing my collection and opening them up in mplayer.

Overall, great work!