View Single Post
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
i might be asking too much but I really would like a proper Hildon or Qt base email client (modest is fine) that deals with Gmail IMAP peculiarities in 'deleting' emails.

Now I'm spending soo much time actually deleting emails twice, once on my N900 and once on my laptop. i'll happy pay a beer (and a lot more) to someone who can deliver a modest version that moves a to-be-deleted email to the gmal/trash folder instead of sending a simple standard imap delete command and the mail just ending in the 'all mails' folder..
I don't care if it's open to everyone, I know lots of other people also would love this.
Of course it needs to be build on top of the latest community modest version (with offline support etc)

PM me if you can do it. Honestly, I'm so fed up with this non-specific IMAP behaviour and the inability of the Maemo community to create a custom modest version that deals properly with the strange gmail IMAP behaviour.

I hope someone feels brave enough to do it. Let me know. I'm willing to sponsor, within reason of course

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Netweaver For This Useful Post: