View Single Post
[QUOTE=puiradu;745990]Hi!

Great Idea! Unfortunately your application makes the telephony almost unusable.

[...]

puiradu,

i had the same problem with my N900;
between the moment i pressed the call button on another phone (calling the nbr. of the N900) to the 1st ringtome sound i took nearly 20 secondes :-o :@
on a Nokia 1200 something it takes 7 / SEVEN seconds :X
my 1st reaction was to uninstall "Custom ringtones for your contacts"; no luck, still nearly 20 seconds :@
removed some pidgin plug-ins i had installed to be able to call GMail contacts (with VOIP);
nada
eventually i removed RECALLER, an app that can be set to automatically record any phone (or VOIP) conversation.
this improved things, but meanwhile i had switched from a custom AAC ringtome i had created on http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-aac to one of the N900's default ringtome
10 seconds :-(
not quite the 7 sec. on the 1200, but, hell, still better then 20 sec. right?
then, i switched the default ringtome back to my 30 seconds AAC file... now i'm nearly down to 7 seconds
and it stayed that way after i reinstalled Custom ringtones for your contacts" with three different ringtomes (a different default & 2 personal ones)

so, yep, if you get more then 15 sec before the phone starts ringing:
- make sure to use a small ACC sound file (mine are 450 to 500 KBs) a 3 MB MP3 may take a lot more time, yup
- check whether any application / addon may be delaying things
- reboot your N900 from time to time; it may be Linux, but it seems to be haunted by memory leaks :C

Last edited by misterc; 2010-08-20 at 16:55.