View Single Post
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Guildford, UK
I've had the N900 since April, and recently during phone calls I am experiencing a lot of problems.

When calling people, or when people call me, during every phone call people complain that I am breaking up and that they cannot hear me, despite the fact I have full signal on the device, when this occurs I can still hear the person on the other end absolutely fine.

Initially I thought maybe it was firmware related so I did a clean flash of the rootfs and emmc to the latest revisions available, which of course is PR1.2.

I am on Vodafone UK, as are the rest of my family who have absolutely no troubles with phone calls in this area.

This problem occurs when I am talking to people both on landlines and on mobiles.

Does anyone know if anything can be done to fix this, or what might be the cause of it? If the phone is broken will Vodafone fix it under their warranty or am I on my own? I really don't like the N900 any more, I'm afraid. Now I've started work and I'm having to use this out in the "real world" every day, and make a fair amount of business phone calls on it, this **** is not useful, along with the other millions of niggles I have with it. Although I am stuck with this thing for a few more months at least until I can save up to buy something else, so I'd appreciate any help that anyone can give into this problem.

Thank you in advance for any input anyone has.