View Single Post
Originally Posted by jmc8501 View Post
I'm not sure I agree, for reasons made by others already in this forum. The apps I've seen on the iPhone/Android phones are usually much quicker than loading a website. Also, apps are customized for finger-friendliness, which is nice compared to having to zoom in or use the stylus. Although apps do not always have full functionality (when compared to the browser) it's usually what is needed.

I think, however, that with the coming of meego phones, the N900 and Maemo will see less and less development (and it is already meager). I hope I'm wrong, and I'm happy to see that the community is still alive and kicking AND producing some interesting apps of our own.
The problem with apps is it gets annoying maintaining multiple versions. Android, Blackberry, Meego/Symbian, IPhone, Windows 7, etc..etc..Especially if you have to go through approval processes like with Apple. The end result is simply ignoring the smaller marketshare and going after the bigger ones. But a properly designed website won't have the same problems with the sacrifice of device specific functionality.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post: