View Single Post
Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Here comes my final modding [Great thanks to termi_uc for his help to modify my css file and his comments.]

Summarizing my steps:

1-) MessagingWidgetsChatConversation.css file modified. You have to replace it with yours. (Under /usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/html) This will modify your IM conversations. Similar modifications might be applied to SMSConversation.css. For me SMS (texting) goes through GoogleVoice (hehe yes still wifi only ) therefore no need to modify. The file is attached --use at your own freewill. Just don't forget to rename postfix to css.

2-) Texting space is increased to 720 px from 672. Almost 50 px more gain That means both the avatar and the time-stamp is full justified to the screen edges. You will see this better with original avatars than these icons.

3-) Conversations are groupped. Meaning only one picture is shown if you are continuing your own text. Likewise for the other party.

4-) No names are shown, which I don't really need to see names. Avatars are more than enough. This is done in the css file without a need to modify the corresponding js file.

5-) My font size is at 28px. Feel free to play with font-size value. You could also install Font Changer app to get bigger fonts in the text entry area.

6-) Full-screening This my new most favorite feature. For this you need Easy Debian. Not sure you need the image file, the scripts might just suffice (I need confirmation on this one). "Set Deb HW Keys" makes the trick. As default ctrl+space switches you to full-screen.

Any questions or comments? Just ask...
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: txt MessagingWidgetsChatConversation.txt (2.2 KB, 236 views)