View Single Post
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
First of all a big thanks for all the effort! It's great to see this application growing and (hopefully) hitting extras soon. It's one of the best "in the background running" apps for maemo I know.

Originally Posted by steven676 View Post
Before then, I'd like some feedback from Fremantle users, particularly those who use some browser other than MicroB as their default browser: would you rather have MicroB start faster when you do use it and behave more like it does when Browser Switchboard is not installed, or would you rather save memory by not having MicroB's browser process running when you're not using MicroB? Is the current feature which has all links opening in MicroB while MicroB is open useful to you? (We can make MicroB always behave as it does in this release when MicroB is the default browser, but that comes at the cost of keeping MicroB in memory all the time and losing the aforementioned feature.)
  • When microb is default wish to have running the browser non-visible in the background it all the time
  • If an other browser than microb is my default browser microb should not run as background process. In this case it's okay for me to wait a little bit longer after starting microb explicitly

Also, if someone with an N900 has some time on their hands, I'd like to see the results of the following to verify that the packaging works correctly:
[...]
If helpfully I'll do this later this day with 3.3-1fremantle1.

Thank you very much!
Best regards, jukey

Me on twitter

The Following User Says Thank You to jukey For This Useful Post: