View Single Post
xchat,
pidgin,
logged into gtalk and skype through "Availability",
browsers multiple (many windows and that can be like maybe 5 or 7 or 10 or more),
notepad,
conversations,
media player (usually i dont use it as much as when browsing and chatting a lot bcuz it slows down n900 and i hate it when it happens so i'm forced to close it. I wud LOVE to have it running and never giving me any lag),
xterminal (not a heavy user of it, just playing with it usually learning linux)

I dont ever use any email application (not on my laptop or any mobile device), i'm just a browser gmail user (love n900's browser but i just hope the swap stuff or internal ram worked very very very very very very very fast !!! plz give the next meego device a 768mb ram, plz take an initiative and dont wait for apple or someone to tell u that its ok now to have 768mb on mobiles .. plz plz plz *lead* the market .. and we r not getting device for free right? we are paying a lot of dollars, so let us have it .. )

btw, i love <3 the ctrl + backspace !!!

LOVE gPodder since i have started using it.

So all these apps just go on opening and closing on demand and i'm not concerned that bcuz "that one app" is running so i cannot open the other one (except for media player) .. I LOVE this freedom that n900 gives me.

Something I'm concerned about: I was reading at few places about what Apple has done to multitasking, and android too. I'm not so technically aware of android and apple, but about maemo i consider n900's multitasking as "pure" imo. I know that n900 is not at all as smooth as iphone 4 in UI XP, but i DONT want Nokia to give me iphone 4's smoothness by killing n900's kind of multitasking in the next high end MEEGO device. I'm saying this bcuz when one company has earned a lot of dollars on a product X, other companies try to follow it in a way that seems a blind-following, and may end up copying/following things/features that were NOT the real cause contributing to the success of the lead company's Product X and in turn hurting themselves. Also plz do not make a decision on the next devices based on avrg users using only 4 or 5 apps.

Thanks.