View Single Post
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by cjsegninir View Post
Dear friends,
I'm planning to install NitDroid very soon, but I have a couple of questions before.
1) What exactly does it mean with "telephone partially working"? I would be happy if I'm able to place/receive calls/sms under "2-2.5G".
2) What happens if I change/take out the sd card under Maemo? And what if I restart with a different card or without any?
3) Finally, it says that updates would be available through the app manager like any other app. I would like to know what is the extent of it. Will it upgrade NitDroid, formatting the sd again? Or just update some files?
Believe me, I was trying to read the whole thread, but I couldn't find the answers. Sorry for the inconvenience and many thanks for your answers!
Cheers,
1) No audio on phone calls. You can receive SMS. Haven't tried sending.
2) Nothing under Maemo. It would fail to boot to NitDroid, you could still boot to Maemo.
3) I believe that refers to the installer / multi-boot. Updates to the filesystem would still be downloaded through the installer or separately. The whole filesystem may need to be updated, resulting in having to redo app install and settings.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post: