View Single Post
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Well, the appropriate backend for this is still missing on Maemo. Let's see what Instinctiv will come up with (which will be closed-source, though).
Gapless playback does not go together with MAFW (so expect more stuttering), and may be more stressing on the battery as the DSP might not be usable for decoding gapless. But I'm no expert on this, so maybe it would work well even.
I posted this over in the Instinctiv thread and thought it may be of use here, though I'm sure the implementation differences between the n900 and Sansa would be night and day:

On a gapless playback note, having been without my n900 for a few weeks while it's away for repairs, I revisited my old Sansa e280 which still does not natively support gapless playback either. However, it turns out Rockbox is now supported for it, so I loaded it up and gapless worked like a charm.

Rockbox is an open source firmware, so I thought it might serve as an example of how gapless playback could be implemented if needed (I'm sure the specific implementation details would vary for the N900, but perhaps it could serve as a high-level example?).

http://www.rockbox.org/