View Single Post
Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
Remove it altogether. It's redundant, eats screen space, and the self hiding eats CPU effectively delaying you from beginning to read the content while it moves.
Frank
Frank, I fully agree with #1 and #3... but it leads me to the exactly opposite conclusion :-)

- yes, it takes some screen space, but it's often useful because some feeds have little to no content except the title. And for large posts with a lot of content you generally scroll the page anyway...

- it's only redundant because it's also in the window caption, only not so useful because you often see only a small part of it. Especially in portait mode, and of course when "scrolling marquee" is turned off (I also can't stand it :-).

- OTOH there is another useful bit of info that's often lacking from the "view post" page, especially when browsing through the "all posts from all feeds" list : the feed from which the current post came from. That name is generally shorter and would fit well in the caption.

So my personal preference (which I pompously call "the Fred mode") would be :

* feed name in the windows caption

* post title at top of page, as it is now, but not fading and scrolling with the rest...