View Single Post
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by dneary View Post
Short answer: I don't know; there doesn't look to be any obvious edits removing them in the MicroB wiki page. There are a couple of us who follow the recent changes log (and we could use more people) who usually catch this over-zealous behaviour, but sometimes things get through the cracks (witness "N900 Hardware" page proliferation, which I think isn't useful: http://wiki.maemo.org/index.php?titl...re&namespace=0).

Perhaps they didn't make the migration from the itt wiki? Perhaps theyw ere deleted because someone (maybe even me?) didn't think that the information was useful/relevant? Perhaps it was a 3/4 like wiki page that got deleted or merged with another one? Perhaps there was someone who misguidedly "tidied up" pages, and was overly zealous? I really can't tell.

Would it be overly glib on my part to suggest that if there's a use for this information that the MicroB wiki page or the "MicroB tweaks" page (if this is a tweak) would be good places to put this? This is, after all, a wiki

Cheers,
Dave.

And how many people access and use it?

I'm sure the hundreds or so active members of the mailing list do all the time.

The thousands of forum members who came here for information before maemo.org acquired itT, and the 10's of thousand who came to this forum since, can't find it... and for whatever reason, haven't bothered to join the mailing lists.

Would it be glib to say that members of maemo.org's mailing lists already know most of this information and the lions share of any "karma" used to motivate a new user to become involved in its maintenance has already been earned by some of those same members for moving, editing, and in some cases removing this previously easy to access info in the first place.

This is, after all, about access and the information served...

Warm regards,
Steve.

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-09-25 at 15:08.