View Single Post
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by dneary View Post
If you'd like to turn some of that anger into productive effort to improve the wiki, I would be delighted to hear your suggestions for improvements.

The wiki gardners page states a certain number of principles we're using to guide wiki editing, and the maemo.org website redesign pages can give you some hints as to the design decisions which were made for maemo.org.

Some of these things can be improved, if you point out their failings & make suggestions for improvements. Some things (for example, not explicitly pointing to "wiki", which is a technology, and instead pointing to "documentation", which is what is in the wiki) were design decisions, which I would be very hesitant to change.

Cheers,
Dave.
Don't change a thing dude... Including my narrative.

There was no anger expressed by me just two questions were asked and one was rhetorical.

In another thread where I proposed that the user wiki's be returned to the forum (where most originated) before any info is lost, I was told no info would be lost.

Yet here we are.

In both threads my suggestion was greeted with responses that basically said nothing would be changed anyway.

No anger dude... just disappointment.

When it is all said and done and most, if not all of the people involved with the mechanics of off loading info from these forums have moved on, there will still be plenty of us 770, N800/810, and N900 users out there.

I'm thinking the forums will remain but the experience will be like checking into the San Diego Marriott a week after Comic-Con.

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-09-27 at 09:38. Reason: quote added