View Single Post
Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by tarek View Post
Code:
# myFUNAMBOL also requires that the string starts with sc-pim-
deviceId = sc-n900
i just spent a few hours tracking down a problem and thought i'd share my insights so others can look it up here

i was unsuccessfully trying to sync against a kolab groupware server (which uses horde3 as client interface, including the syncml part). the items from the N900 would show up on the server, but nothing arrived on the N900.
digging into the logs, i found this hint:
Code:
[2010-09-27 19:30:01.046] According to remote devInf, 'text/x-s4j-sife' is not supported, but obviously it is used here so we try to handle it
[2010-09-27 19:30:01.047] Incompatible content type 'text/x-4j-sife' version '[none]' specified in command or item meta
this led me to a bug filed against the moblin bugzilla (i'm guessing this is due to the meego transition), which says that if the deviceId starts with "sc-pim-", horde will treat the client in a special compatibility - mode for old funambol clients.

syncevolution on the n900 doesn't like this much, so the fix is to change your deviceId to something custom like tarek does in his howto. the default installation of syncevolution currently in -testing will choose a deviceId starting with "sc-pim-".
not sure if its worth filing another bug for this, because changing it would apparently break compatibility with myFunambol...