View Single Post
Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
okay everyone i figured this one out once and for all so here it is....

for those of you who want to run this script automatically using ALARMED, you do the following:

1 - open ALARMED
2 - hit new event
3 - from the add event menu select COMMAND EXECUTION from the drop down
4 - select the frequency of occurrences from the secondary drop down (every minute, hourly etc)
5 - in the enter name field, call the event Optimize
6 - in the enter command field, enter the following command
sudo sh /home/opt/scripts/OptimizeN900 (assuming of course that you followed all previous instructions in this here thread and placed the executable in that folder)
7 - save the preset and then save the event then close ALARMED.
8- sit back and watch!

a word of interest..... the script will not open and run. Instead it will run in the background and kill all processes that are in the "line of fire" per the script. I was able to test my work by opening a browser window and then minimizing the open apps. I then set ALARMED to run the script every minute to see if it killed any open processes. it did in fact kill the browser window, hence proving to me that the process runs smoothly in autopilot through the use of ALARMED. I then went back and set it to run each AM at 6.

hope this helps!! thank you to all who assisted me on this one. and most of all a huge thank you to jorgefx for putting this script together and to all other people who contributed to this effort.

mad respect and props fo sho!

Last edited by ddiscodave; 2010-10-06 at 13:00.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ddiscodave For This Useful Post: