View Single Post
Hi,
Thanks for continuing to support witter.

I've had an ongoing issue for many revisions (> month) with the timeline refresh never completing. I finally sat down to capture log and it's the same but.ly issue mentioned above - same exception

Once I unconfigured (blanked) my bit.ly configuration in witter timeline updates started working correctly :-)

I also have a couple of less significant issues - hopefully constructive

- when new messages arrive the backlight is switched on. if I leave witter running the phone may be in my pocket etc, and enabling the light is an unnecessary power drain. It ca nalso be distracting if left on table. The "n tweets received" in particular causes this
- gestures are useful to switch "view", but I tend to find them a little over-sensitive, though haven't turned them off yet. Perhaps a little more tolerance (not looked at code)
- notifications don't appear to "stack, so I frequently end up with 9+ yellow notifications with a variety of messages about new replies or DMs - whilst with email/SMS a count is updated in the existing notification only so it keeps the number under control
- if witter is exited notifications aren't removed (arguably this is intentional, just more frustrating due to above)
- If I'm scrolling up/down the timeline when new tweets come in (occurs frequently) the timeline jumps & the current position (tweet I'm reading) gets lost.
- At times (when busy/updating?) the timeline etc scroll is quite inconsistent even with nothing else running. At these times the "kinetic" scroll pretty much fails, only moving an article or two rather than 5+ a normal "flick" manages
- When reading it would sometimes be useful to use slightly more screen estate - optionally loosing the status bar & perhaps even removing the text entry field until a character was pressed (or at least reducing to one line) [more like old style?]